We're Hiring | Small Business Outreach Coordinator
The Small Business Resource Coordinator is responsible for the Bismarck Mandan Chamber EDC’s (BMCEDC) efforts to engage and provide outreach to small businesses across the organization’s service territory. The Small Business Outreach Coordinator will report to the BMCEDC Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Outgoing, enjoys working with others and meeting new people
- Needs to be a self-starter and comfortable working independently, inside or outside of the office
- Ability to build and maintain a positive collaborative working relationship with small business owners
- Maintain an appropriate & professional appearance, attitude and behavior at all times.
- Meet with small businesses in the BMCEDC’s service area through one-on-one visits to:
o Develop relationships with those businesses
o Provide a direct point of contact at BMCEDC
o Provide information on BMCEDC events or programs where applicable
o Identify specific needs of those individual businesses.
- Refer small businesses to the proper BMCEDC employee that can address their specific need as identified in one-on-one visits, contacts to the BMCEDC office, etc.
- Lead our membership retention tasks for our new members
- Provide input on potential Chamber EDC publications, programs and/or events, specifically targeted to small businesses.
- Assist with BMCEDC events and programming, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO and/or the President in accordance with the mission of the BMCEDC.
- Travel as necessary, primarily within Bismarck-Mandan, to accomplish the objectives listed above.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business, communications or a related field. Comparable work experience may also be accepted.
- Willingness to attend professional development opportunities related to position responsibilities.
A competitive salary will be set by the President with approval by the Executive Committee in accordance with the policies and practices approved by the full Board of Directors.
To apply and learn more about this position, please visit www.bismarckmandan.com or contact Elliot Rust at email@example.com