We're Hiring | Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator will manage and develop the community-oriented Chamber EDC events, encourage involvement in the Chamber EDC events & programs, drive publication marketing efforts, staff Bismarck Mandan Chamber EDC committees and establish/maintain relationships with Chamber EDC members.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Event Coordinator is directly responsible to the Event & Sales Manager. Performance evaluations will be based on the quality and quantity of work performed, accuracy, the efficiency with which it is carried out and the employee’s contribution to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Accomplishment of established goals for the individual employee will also be evaluated.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Event & Programming
- Develop and execute the following events: Indoor Golf Tournament, Focus On Bismarck-Mandan, Outdoor Golf Scramble, Lemonade Day, Brats with the Brave, Celebrate Bismarck-Mandan, State of the Cities and 12 Tastes of Christmas.
- Schedule and execute the following programs: Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Lunch on the Patio, summer family event, and monthly Membership Mixers.
- Manage, schedule and support Chamber EDC Committees: Celebrate Bismarck-Mandan Ad Hoc Committee, Outstanding Teacher of the Year Ad Hoc Committee
- Responsible for monthly publication (Connection) event content
- Advance and develop consistency in Chamber EDC branding
- Assist in the creation of Chamber EDC promotional materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Event & Sales Manager and/or CEO/President
- Associate’s/ Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work experience in a related field will also be considered
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting where they sit and work on a computer, communicate by telephone, email or in person, and move around the office or frequently travel to other locations within the region.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works outside of normal business hours and during community events. The employee is required to set up and tear down event venues, must lift and/or move items of moderate to heavy weight, and is occasionally exposed to loud noises.
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
$19.23-$21.63/hour and eligible for bonus if goals are met
Other benefits to be offered by the Chamber EDC include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance on an employer / employee cost shared basis.
- 4 ½ weeks of PTO first year.
- Life Insurance at 1 ½ times your annual salary paid by employer
- Major holidays (12 days total)
- 401k – Employee participation immediate, employer matching program of up to 6% after 1 year
- Flexible spending plan. Medical and dependent care
- Mileage Reimbursement for business trips at current federal rate.
- Reduced 38-hour work week from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Aflac optional-paid by employee
To apply, please send your cover letter & resume to Christine Nelson – Event and Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.